Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 9 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
It doesn't matter how stuffed you are, we bet you'll find room for a slice (or two!) of our Homemade Chocolate Cream Pie. This sinfully rich chocolate cream pie is a popular dessert no matter where or when it's served, so you might want to make a few...
What You'll Need
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 15-ounce package)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 pint (1 cup) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Bake the pie shell according to package directions in a 9-inch pie plate; let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into pie crust and chill 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer, combine heavy cream and confectioners' sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over pie, cover loosely, and chill 8 hours or overnight before serving.
- You can substitute 2 cups whipped topping for the homemade whipped cream.
- To make this chocolate cream pie look extra-special, just before serving, top with shaved chocolate or sprinkles.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 588
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34g 52 %
- Saturated Fat 18g 88 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 4.5g 9 %
- Cholesterol 76mg 25 %
- Sodium 525mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 70g 23 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 30g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!