Homemade Pie Crust
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie crust
- 10 Min
Our Homemade Pie Crust recipe is great for any pie recipe you're looking to make. It's simple to prep and bake, and it's much tastier than baking with a store-bought version!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk shortening, water, and milk until it reaches the consistency of whipped cream. Add flour and salt; stir well with a spoon until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into 2 equal-sized balls.
- Place 1 dough ball between 2 sheets of wax paper; with a rolling pin, roll out to a circle slightly larger than a 9-inch pie plate. Place in bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Pour filling of your choice into shell.
- Roll out second dough ball to the same size and place over filling; seal by pinching edges together.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut 6 small slits in center of the pie top to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake according to filling directions, or until crust is golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've only got 15 minutes to make dinner, then you're going to love this pressure cooker recipe for 15-Minute Chicken Cacciatore. This is a fast and flavor-packed version of a classic Italian dish. Your family is going to devour it!