Homemade Pie Crust
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish pie crust
- 10 Min
Our Homemade Pie Crust recipe is great for any pie recipe you're looking to make. It's simple to prep and bake, and it's much tastier than baking with a store-bought version!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 6 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk shortening, water, and milk until it reaches the consistency of whipped cream. Add flour and salt; stir well with a spoon until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into 2 equal-sized balls.
- Place 1 dough ball between 2 sheets of wax paper; with a rolling pin, roll out to a circle slightly larger than a 9-inch pie plate. Place in bottom of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Pour filling of your choice into shell.
- Roll out second dough ball to the same size and place over filling; seal by pinching edges together.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut 6 small slits in center of the pie top to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake according to filling directions, or until crust is golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
While we love the hearty, warm-ya-up penne pasta recipes, sometimes, when the weather is warming up, we want to go lighter and brighter. That's what inspired our easy-to-make Pasta Penne Toss! It's a fresh-tasting, one-pot pasta dish that comes together with Kalamata olives and chunked up tomatoes. Plus, since it cooks up in no time, it's the perfect weeknight meal for the family!