We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know the not-so-secret recipe in this Peppermint Pie? You got it, it's peppermint and boy-oh-boy is it incredible in this dessert! Yum-my!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 quart peppermint ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- Crushed hard peppermint candy
What To Do:
- Cook 1 cup chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until chocolate and butter melt, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal and walnuts. Firmly press cereal mixture in bottom and up sides of a greased 9-inch pie plate. Chill until firm.
- Spoon softened ice cream into prepared crust. Cover and freeze until ice cream is firm.
- Just before serving, combine remaining 1 cup chocolate chips, remaining 4 tablespoons butter, and the milk in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate and butter melt. Set aside, and let cool. Let pie stand at room temperature 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle chocolate mixture over pie; sprinkle with crushed candy.
Crushed hard peppermint candy sprinkled over the top of this pie leaves no question as to the flavor inside! If you can't find peppermint ice cream, just substitute mint chocolate chip ice cream.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 885
- Calories from Fat 649
- Total Fat 72g 111 %
- Saturated Fat 45g 227 %
- Trans Fat 2.9g 0 %
- Protein 8.6g 17 %
- Cholesterol 193mg 64 %
- Sodium 980mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 54g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.