German Style Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's on a German Style Pizza you ask? Well, you'll just have to click on the recipe to find out! Using a few of our favorite German ingredients, we've created a homemade pizza recipe that's both unique and delicious. If you're looking for a way to introduce the kids to your German heritage, there's nothing like a pizza to get their ears to really perk up. It's a fun recipe for the whole family.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1 (14 ounce) package prebaked Italian pizza bread shell
- 1 (10 ounce) can chopped sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces fully cooked smoke bratwurst, chopped (see note)
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spread mustard over bread shell. Top with sauerkraut and remaining ingredients.
- Transfer pizza directly to center rack of oven using a baking sheet with no sides as a giant spatula. Bake 15 minutes or until cheese melts and bread shell is golden. Remove pizza from oven, using rimless baking sheet. Cut into wedges.
Buying precooked bratwurst quickens the assembly of this pizza. But if you have time to allow for longer cooking, try using fresh bratwurst for authentic German taste.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This colonial-style brown bread is actually cooked inside of a can and it's a New England favorite! Our Boston Brown Bread is moist and flavorful on its own, but it's even better when you slather on some butter or cream cheese right before serving!