Pepperoni Pizza Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When it comes to pizza, we all want that yummy pepperoni and cheesy taste, without all the extra carbs that comes from the crust. So, we decided to take that classic pepperoni pizza taste, and team it up with chicken breast! It's an ooey-gooey, cheesy, pepperoni-perfect recipe that we know you're gonna love.
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni
- Dried oregano for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and garlic powder; mix well. Dip chicken into bread crumb mixture, coating evenly on both sides. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove chicken from oven, top evenly with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni. Sprinkle lightly with oregano. Place back in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes more or until no longer pink in center. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If you want, serve this up with a green salad and some garlic rolls, for a fully authentic Italian dinner treat!
- Need some salad ideas? Try our classic Caesar Salad or this oh-so-good Garbage Salad!
- To complete this, whip up our All Wrapped Up Garlic Bread! This recipe will quickly become a weeknight favorite!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 275
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 4.6g 23 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 34g 69 %
- Cholesterol 102mg 34 %
- Sodium 463mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 1.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.