We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What goes best with Oktoberfest? Beer, of course! So tap the keg and turn up the oom-pah for a tasty celebration that includes this easy recipe for our Beer-Basted Sausage. This recipe is a classic German way to celebreate out favorite time of year. With flavors this delicious, everyone will be willing to put on their lederhosen!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 onions, peeled, quartered, and sliced very thin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 (1-pound) package bratwurst (8 sausages)
- 1/2 cup beer
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil until hot. Add onions and saute 10 minutes, or until tender and beginning to brown, stirring often. Season onions with salt and pepper then stir in mustard.
- Add bratwurst and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until sausages are no longer pink in center. Stir in the beer and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Serve bratwurst with the onions.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.