We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What goes best with Oktoberfest? Beer, of course! So tap the keg and turn up the oom-pah for a tasty celebration that includes this easy recipe for our Beer-Basted Sausage. This recipe is a classic German way to celebreate out favorite time of year. With flavors this delicious, everyone will be willing to put on their lederhosen!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 onions, peeled, quartered, and sliced very thin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 (1-pound) package bratwurst (8 sausages)
- 1/2 cup beer
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil until hot. Add onions and saute 10 minutes, or until tender and beginning to brown, stirring often. Season onions with salt and pepper then stir in mustard.
- Add bratwurst and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until sausages are no longer pink in center. Stir in the beer and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Serve bratwurst with the onions.
Check This Out!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!