We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you like a little zip and a lot of bang in your burger, then our Firecracker Burgers are right up your alley! These pork burgers get their explosive taste from some simple and great seasonings, plus everyone's favorite--bacon! Now that's a burger that'll really light up their faces!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 egg
- 4 slices raw bacon, chopped
- 4 rolls, toasted
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine pork, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and egg; mix well. Mix in the bacon, then form into 4 patties. Using your thumb, make an indentation in the center of each burger. (This prevents burger from bulging when grilled.) Sprinkle patties with pepper.
- Grill 8 to 12 minutes, or until cooked all the way through, turning once during grilling. Serve on toasted rolls.
We like to top our burgers with coleslaw for that cool and crunchy contrast, and you can check out a bunch of coleslaw recipes on our website. Looking for a suggestion? Why not try our no-fail Everything Coleslaw!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lemon custard pie was one of Honest Abe's favorites. His first taste of it came from Nancy Breedlove, the owner of a hotel he frequently stayed at. He loved her lemon custard pie so much, he asked her to share the recipe. Our version may not be exactly the one that's been used at the White House for years since, but it's still amazing!