Southern Fried Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Southern Fried Pork Chops are a "must" in all Southern households. One bite will tell you why!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 4 (1-inch) pork loin chops (1 to 2 pounds total)
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Place water in another shallow dish. Dip pork chops in water then in flour mixture, coating completely.
- In a large deep skillet, heat shortening over medium heat until hot but not smoking (see Note).
- Add pork chops and cook 7 to 8 minutes per side, or until cooked through and coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
- The trick is to heat the shortening till it's hot but not burning. That way, you get a nice crispy outside without the pork chops becoming greasy.
- If you liked this fried dinner recipe, be sure to check out our Crispy Oven-Fried Drumsticks or our collection of 30 Fried and Oven-Fried Favorites.
- Plus, we've got even more fantastic pork chop recipes in our collection of 20 Easy Pork Chop Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These aren't just your run-of-the-mill doughnuts. Our Old-Fashioned Potato Donuts are unexpectedly addictive! They're made with a delicious combo of mashed potatoes, buttermilk, and other tasty ingredients. They have a dense, cake-like texture to them that makes them extra-yummy. Once you try these easy potato donuts, there's no looking back!