Southwestern Pork Chops
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You know those dishes that explode with flavor with every bite? Well, this dish is one of them! These Southwestern Pork Chops are a fave among the Mr. Food crowd and you'll love their zesty flavor and ease as much as we do.
What You'll Need:
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs (store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 (15-1/4-ounce) cans whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
What To Do:
- Place pork chops between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Combine cheese and breadcrumbs. Dip pork chops in milk, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Brown chops in 1 tablespoon hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 3 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet.
- Cook garlic and onion in remaining 1 tablespoon hot oil in skillet, stirring constantly, until tender. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Top with pork, and drizzle with lime juice. Cover and cook over medium heat 7 minutes or until pork is done.
We bet you're gonna want to try our Italian version of these tender pork chops, too! Just substitute 6-cheese Italian blend for Mexican, Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs for plain, fresh parsley for the cilantro, and lemon juice for the lime juice. Perfecto!
Don't forget to check out how to make all of your favorite pork recipes in our free eCookbook, Our Best Pork Recipes: 35 Easy Recipes for Pork Chops, Pork Roasts, and More.
- If you enjoyed this easy pork chop recipe, then we know you'll love our recipes for King Ranch Casserole and Southwestern Chowder.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!