Speedy Pork Tostadas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can you say S-P-E-E-D-Y? We think you can finish making these before you can even say Speedy Pork Tostadas.
What You'll Need:
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Arrange tortillas on a baking sheet; using 1 tablespoon oil, coat both sides of tortillas. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes or until golden.
- While tortillas bake, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add pork, garlic, and cumin; cook 3 minutes or until pork is browned on all sides, stirring often. Add beans and salsa; simmer 4 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Place tortillas on 4 individual serving plates; arrange lettuce evenly over tortillas. Top tortillas evenly with pork mixture, cheese, tomato, and sour cream.
Use minced garlic from a jar to save chopping time. One teaspoon minced garlic equals 2 regular-sized cloves.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 461
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 20g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 6.9g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 26g 52 %
- Cholesterol 62mg 21 %
- Sodium 940mg 39 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.7g 31 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.