Bavarian Roast Pork
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love traditional German recipes, you need to try our Bavarian Roast Pork! This roast recipe is perfect for when you're craving a hot, hearty, and completely satisfying dinner experience. A touch of sweet honey, combined with delicious beer 'n' brat mustard, ladled over juicy pork, makes this a German classic that has stood the test of time.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mustard (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups beer
- 1 (3-1/2- to 4-pound) boneless pork loin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, mustard, honey, garlic, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in beer. Place pork in a large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade mixture, seal bag, and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to roast, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour marinade into a saucepan and set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat oil until hot; brown pork on all sides. Place pork in baking dish. Roast 50 to 60 minutes or until internal temperature is 150 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, to make a honey mustard sauce, bring marinade to a boil over medium heat for 5 minutes or until it thickens, stirring occasionally. Carve pork into 1/2-inch slices and drizzle with sauce.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip:
- When it comes to the mustard, we tested this with a Beer and Brat Mustard, but you can use a stone ground or Dijon mustard, if you prefer. Also, if you would like to serve this with our homemade spaetzle like we did, you can find here.
- Looking for more delicious German recipes? Well, we've got Traditional German Recipes You Can't Miss! And these Crazy Good Oktoberfest Recipes are gonna be a hit during the festival.
- You're going to love our Bavarian Pretzel Stuffing. Plus, our Bee Sting Cake is a traditional way to enjoy dessert!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
This easy German recipe is just the beginning of your flavor vacation!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 230
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 1.4g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 25 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 503mg 21 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've never heard of toad-in-the-hole, well, let us enlighten you! It's a recipe that is perfect for breakfast, dinner, or even brinner -- that's breakfast for dinner! Our Sheet Pan Toad-in-the-Hole comes together with all the flavors you love, without any of the mess of a traditional big breakfast. Once you try it, you're gonna wonder how you lived without it!