Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Boxty is just what the Irish call their traditional potato griddle cakes. Our boxty recipe is so authentic, it'll take your taste buds all the way to the Emerald Isle. Serve these potato pancakes with a little gravy and enjoy!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Reserve half the potatoes and set aside. Cut remaining potatoes into large chunks, place in a large saucepan, and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Mash potatoes and set aside.
- Grate reserved potatoes, then stir into mashed potatoes. Add onion, flour, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined. Stir in egg and milk to form a batter.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil until hot. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot oil, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- You may need to add additional milk to the batter if it seems too thick. It should be the consistency of thick pancake batter.
- Try our wonderful Mushroom Onion Stout Gravy over these...you'll be glad you did!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!