Bubble and Squeak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The potatoes bubble in the pan and the cabbage squeaks while cooking, so of course, this classic go-along with roots all over the United Kingdom has earned its unusual name. Bubble and Squeak is a great side dish for corned beef for St. Patrick's Day or any day.
What You'll Need
- 5 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 head cabbage, coarsely shredded
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender; drain in a colander and allow potatoes to sit in the colander.
- In the same soup pot, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings.
- Return potatoes to the pot. Add the cabbage, water, and salt, and cook over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This ain't your grandma's old-fashioned spaghetti. While grandma's traditional pasta is always delicious, sometimes we want to try something new. Our California Dreaming Pasta Toss is one of the best pasta recipes you've never heard about. The butter, walnuts, and spinach give it a fresh flavor that will leave you feeling satisfied. Trust us, once you try it, you'll be dreaming about making it again and again.