Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In Germany, it's common to see spaetzle served alongside your main dish; it's just as common as having rice or potatoes for dinner. While we love simple spaetzle, we knew that adding a little cheese could make it even better...and that's just what our Cheesy Spaetzle is.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; mix well. Add eggs and water; mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a hard, rolling boil over high heat; add remaining salt. In batches, drizzle batter from a wide slotted spoon into boiling water. When spaetzle (noodles) float to the top of the water, remove then with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add noodles, parsley, and cheese. Cook 5 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted, stirring gently.
Want to try another tasty variation of spaetzle? Try our recipe for Spoonfuls of Spaetzle!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're wanting an easy, savory recipe, then it's time to rustle up our Hillbilly One Pot. It's loaded with ground beef, black eyed peas, and other ingredients that will bring the flavors of the South to your kitchen! Know what's great about one pot recipes? Clean up is a breeze, which means our Hillbilly One Pot allows you more time to spend with the family. It's a budget-friendly, all-in-one recipe you have to try!