Chopstick Veggie Fried Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No need to pick up Chinese take-out when it's easy as can be to make some of our favorites, like vegetable fried rice! Our Chopstick Veggie Fried Rice can go from your skillet to your table in just minutes. It's loaded with veggies and you can add any type of protien you like best. Save on take-out and have perfect fried rice at home!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Add eggs and scramble, then break up scrambled eggs into small pieces. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in skillet; add garlic, peas and carrots and cook 3 minutes. Add rice and soy sauce and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently. Stir in scrambled egg pieces and cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
This is a great dish to make when you have leftover rice, or the next time you make rice, just make extra so you'll have some ready to go for this dish.
If you would like a healthier version of this recipe, try using brown rice instead of white rice.
Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
- If you're feeling like some tasty soup, be sure to try our Wonton Egg Drop Soup: Our Easiest Egg Drop Soup Recipe.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more welcoming than a big pot of soup at the end of a long day, and with our recipe for Potato Corn Soup you can whip up a bowl of comfort anytime you want. It takes just about 30 minutes to get this soup on your dinner table, which makes it weeknight-friendly, too!