Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Classic Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why are our Classic Mashed Potatoes the best ever? Simple, extra-creamy and easy, they cook up fresh in a snap and team with all your favorite comforting main dishes.
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place potato chunks in a large pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and return potatoes to pot. Place back on heat 1 minute to make sure all water is gone.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and remaining ingredients; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip:
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?