Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Easy Au Gratin Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This elegant potato dish is great for special occasions, but easy enough for weeknights. Try our Easy Au Gratin Potatoes for a rich and creamy potato bake that'll pair perfectly with any main course!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium-sized Idaho Russet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat an 8- x 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup Cheddar cheese, the flour, milk, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange half the potato slices in the baking dish. Pour half the cheese mixture over potatoes. Arrange remaining potatoes in baking dish, and pour remaining cheese mixture over potatoes. Dot with butter, cover, and bake 45 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven, stir gently, cover and return to oven 20 additional minutes. Uncover potatoes and sprinkle evenly with remaining Cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with paprika and return to oven to bake 8 to 10 additonal minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
- Want to add a little more seasonin'? No problem! We think you should make these Easy Au Gratin potatoes as flavorful as you like!
- We just can't get enough of potato and cheese combinations! If you'd like to try another of our test kitchen favorites, here's the recipe for our Cheesy Herbed Mashed Potatoes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 134
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 11g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 6.7g 33 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 580mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 6.6g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1 %
- Sugars 3.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Nothing is more down-home than the wonderful flavors of backwoods country cooking, so it's only fitting that these Hillbilly Baked Beans are one of our most popular slow cooker potluck recipes. They can even be reheated on a grill for a smoky taste that can't be beat!