Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Golden Grits Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's more than one way to serve this Southern classic. Try our Golden Grits Casserole, our baked version of grits that's a delicious golden treat!
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup white or yellow grits
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over high heat. Add grits and cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until water is absorbed and mixture is very thick, stirring constantly.
Remove saucepan from heat and add cheese and butter; stir until melted and well combined. Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended, then spoon into baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until light golden.
If you want even more classic Southern recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Down-Home Cookin': 24 Easy Southern Favorites.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 328
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21g 33 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 62 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 11g 22 %
- Cholesterol 145mg 48 %
- Sodium 714mg 30 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes
- Mom's Scalloped Potatoes
- Mushroom Rice Bake
- Mashed Potato Casserole
- Cheesy Hash Browns
- Bubble and Squeak
- Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More
- Old-Fashioned Potato Pancakes
- Irish Potatoes
- German Sauerkraut Potato Balls