Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This colorful vegetable medley makes a side dish as beautiful as it is tasty. Serve Green Beans and Sweet Potatoes with your meat or fish and see what the guests think!
What You'll Need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into half-moons
- 2 cups light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sherry cooking wine
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole green beans, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, place sweet potato sticks, onions, brown sugar, lemon juice, and sherry cooking wine; toss gently.
- Bake 25 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven and add green beans, ground cloves, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss lightly.
- Return baking dish to oven and cook 10 additional minutes, or until heated through.
Recipe adapted from and courtesy of Holland House.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!