Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mashed Potato Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mashed potatoes always offer stick-to-your-ribs comfort, and our Mashed Potato Casserole is a new twist on a family favorite side dish recipe. This potato casserole is extra-rich and creamy thanks to the addition of cream cheese. Your spuds will never be duds if you make 'em this way!
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup French-fried onions
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a soup pot, add just enough water to cover them, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until fork-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat potatoes and cream cheese until smooth. Add onion, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper, and continue to beat until well blended. Spoon into casserole dish.
- Bake 30 minutes, sprinkle with French-fried onions, and cook 5 to 10 more minutes or until heated through and golden.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!