Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mexi Veggie Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When making rice dishes, Mexican cooks often brown raw rice before boiling or steaming it. We used that method here, and then added a few colorful veggies and spices, to make this exciting Mexican rice recipe we call Mexi Veggie Rice.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup long- or whole-grain brown rice
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 a medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeo peppers, stems and seeds removed, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the rice and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until golden, stirring constantly. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
Any type of rice, except instant, will work here. As a matter of fact, the rice most commonly used in Mexico is what we would consider a medium-grain rice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Two of your favorite flavors come together in this delicious cake recipe. Our Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cake is topped with a fluffy layer of marshmallow creme and a creamy-smooth peanut butter frosting that's oh-so-delectable and simply irresistible!