Monday's Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A cafeteria food-favorite has always been mashed potatoes. Most us have memories of eating it alongside meatloaf, fried chicken, or maybe even some smoked sausage. Our Monday's Mashed Potatoes are so buttery and good, you'll maybe eat them on Monday and crave them Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday...you get the idea!
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add just enough water to cover them. Cook over high heat until boiling, then reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add egg, 4 tablespoons butter, the milk, salt, and pepper; beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Place in casserole dish, cover, and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until warmed through.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Drizzle over mashed potatoes and serve.
- Hungry for more? We've got even more school lunch recipes from our Cafeteria Week below!
- Can't decide whether you want to serve sweet potatoes or bakers? Problem solved with our Two-Toned Shredded Potatoes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 539
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19g 30 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 59 %
- Trans Fat 0.7g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 94mg 31 %
- Sodium 1,083mg 45 %
- Total Carbohydrates 83g 28 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.9g 24 %
- Sugars 3.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're planning on serving up a fresh green salad, why not top it off with some fresh homemade salad dressing? Our Country Buttermilk Dressing is made with a variety of fresh herbs and delivers a rich and creamy taste that's much better than any store-bought bottled kind!