Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rice sure is a great side dish when we're watching what we eat. The challenge is to keep the taste exciting. Go on, break the side dish boredom by adding this to your repertoire.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat then sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Add mushrooms, and sauté for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until no liquid remains. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.