Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Mushroom Rice Pilaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Rice sure is a great side dish when we're watching what we eat. The challenge is to keep the taste exciting. Go on, break the side dish boredom by adding this to your repertoire.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long- or whole-grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat then sauté the onion for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Add mushrooms, and sauté for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until no liquid remains. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.