Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Rice and Asparagus Casserole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a casserole side dish that tastes rich enough to serve for the holidays, or when you've got company coming over. Our Rice and Asparagus Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and full of fresh asparagus. It's an unforgettable side dish!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cleaned, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups cooked rice, cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 8-inch-square baking pan with cooking spray
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook asparagus until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine rice, salt, onion powder, cayenne pepper, sour cream, milk, and 1-1/2 cups of cheese.
- Spoon half of rice mixture into prepared baking pan. Arrange three-quarters of asparagus on top, then spoon remaining rice mixture over asparagus. Top with remaining asparagus.
- Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and bake and additonal 5 minutes.
If you loved this simple asparagus recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Amazing Recipes for Asparagus: 13 Baked Asparagus Recipes, Roasted Asparagus Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says you have to go outside to make an amazing BBQ dinner? Not us! With our recipe for Skillet Barbecued Chicken you can cook up a summer favorite...indoors! So, whether it's snowing, raining, or you just don't feel like firing up the grill, this barbecue chicken recipe is just perfect. Trust us, every bite is lip-smackin' good.