Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Smashed potatoes may be a popular restaurant item these days, but they were created out of convenience more than anything else. Instead of spending hours peeling potatoes for mashing, many restaurants started mashing them, skins and all.
What You'll Need:
- 4 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Place the potatoes in a soup pot and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender; drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients and "smash" the potatoes with a potato masher until the desired consistency, leaving some potato chunks.
- Serve immediately or place in a casserole dish and keep warm in a 250 degree F oven for up to an hour before serving.
If you like smooth smashed potatoes smooth, after mixing everything together, whip them with an electric beater. And for extra crunch, sprinkle some canned French-fried onions over the top.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 435
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24g 37 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 73 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 7.7g 15 %
- Cholesterol 68mg 23 %
- Sodium 789mg 33 %
- Total Carbohydrates 50g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.3g 21 %
- Sugars 5.8g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.