Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Southern Potato Bake
This Southern hash brown casserole is easy to make (and completely delicious).
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 stick butter, melted, divided
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen southern-style hash browns
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes, coarsely crushed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, cheese, onion, and 1/2 stick butter; mix well. Stir in hash browns, salt, and pepper; pour into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine corn flakes and remaining butter; mix well. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes, or until heated through and golden brown.
Check This Out!
- Southern-style sides bring so much comfort and flavor to most any meal. Why not also try our Golden Grits Casserole for another tasty option, y'all!
- Let's have more potatos! Make our Better Cheddar Potato Bake or our Parmesan Smashed Potatoes.
- For the ultimate Southern dessert, make our Southern Peach Cobbler!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The family is going to rave over these budget-friendly skillet pork chops! Made with a box of shortcut stuffing mix, and lots ooey gooey cheese, our "Unstuffed" Stuffed Pork Chops are layered to perfection. It's a dish that looks and tastes like it's fit for royalty, so there's no need to tell everyone just how budget-friendly it actually is!