Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tired of the same old potatoes? Well, here's a new easy twist on an old standby that turns whatever you serve them with into a more special dish. Yams do that all the time? they've got a holiday touch to them.
What You'll Need:
- 4 sweet potatoes or yams
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh or 1 teaspoon dried grated orange rind
- 1 cup flaked coconut (optional)
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Scrub the potatoes thoroughly and rub with oil. Put in a shallow baking pan, prick top of each with a fork.
- Bake 1 hour, or until tender. Remove from oven, and lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Let potatoes cool, and cut a slice from the top of each one. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- In a large bowl, combine the potato pulp, sugar, milk, orange juice, cinnamon, and salt; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the orange rind and 1/2 cup coconut.
- Spoon potato mixture back into shells. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
- Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 270
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5g 4 %
- Saturated Fat 1.5g 7 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.4g 9 %
- Cholesterol 9.1mg 3 %
- Sodium 181mg 8 %
- Total Carbohydrates 59g 20 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.2g 17 %
- Sugars 37g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for a one-pot Classic Chicken Fricassee will make you feel good through and through. It's made to taste just like the kind you grew up eating, featuring yummy veggies like celery, onion, carrots, and mushrooms. We love it over curly noodles!