Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Sweet Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A platter of crispy sweet potato pancakes is always welcome for holiday entertaining. This healthy pancake recipe is our twist on the spuds, making great use of sweet potatoes as a tasty alternative. We especially love this recipe as the weather starts to get chilly, but don't be afraid to make these tasty bites any time of the year!
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for frying
What To Do:
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except oil; mix well. Form into 12 pancakes.
- In a deep skillet, heat about 1/4 inch of oil over medium-high heat. Fry pancakes in batches 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until golden. (If you like them crisper, fry until they're flecked with brown.) Drain on a paper towel-lined platter and cover with foil. Repeat with remaining pancakes, and serve hot.
- Wanna make these ahead of time? Just heat in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- And if you're looking for more of our great sweet potato recipes, check out our free collection of 8 Sweet Potato Casseroles and Other Sweet Potato Recipes.
- Our test kitchen finds shredding in a food processor is the easiest way -- you can even shred the onion at the same time.
- Wanna serve regular Potato Pancakes but don't have time to do all the work? Click here for our simple (and simply delicious!) version.
- If you enjoyed this sweet potato pancakes recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook, Perfectly Easy Pancakes or our collection of 14 of the Best Vegetable and Potato Pancakes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 76
- Calories from Fat 4.4
- Total Fat 0.5g 1 %
- Saturated Fat 0.2g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 2.0g 4 %
- Cholesterol 16mg 5 %
- Sodium 272mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 16g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 2.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.