Amish Chow Chow Relish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Amish Chow Chow is a relish that pairs with everything. Its tangy vinegar marinade jazzes up veggies like cauliflower and green and yellow wax beans to the point that second helpings will be in order.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower, thawed and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut yellow wax beans, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine all vegetables; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, turmeric, and salt to a boil over high heat; stir occasionally. Pour over vegetables; mix gently.
- Let mixture sit until cool then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Southern potato bake is comfort food at its best. You will love the creamy texture and rich flavors of this casserole, which is loaded with hash browns and Cheddar cheese. Everyone at your table is going to be asking for second helpings of this Southern hash brown casserole! Whether you serve this dish for brunch or dinner, it's sure to be a hit. And luckily, because it's so easy to make, you won't mind that your family asks you to make it again and again.