Amish Chow Chow Relish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Amish Chow Chow is a relish that pairs with everything. Its tangy vinegar marinade jazzes up veggies like cauliflower and green and yellow wax beans to the point that second helpings will be in order.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower, thawed and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut yellow wax beans, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
- In a large heat-proof bowl, combine all vegetables; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, turmeric, and salt to a boil over high heat; stir occasionally. Pour over vegetables; mix gently.
- Let mixture sit until cool then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?