We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Applesauce is good anytime, alone or as a side dish, but it's absolute perfection when it's a homemade Chunky Applesauce teamed with homemade potato pancakes on Hanukkah or any day.
What You'll Need:
- 8 apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices (see Note)
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes, or until desired texture, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Allow applesauce to cool then cover and chill until ready to serve.
Makes about 4 cups.
- Use whatever type of apples you prefer.
- If you prefer smooth applesauce, cook this until the apples have cooked down to a puree.
- Since apples vary in moisture content, you may need to add a bit more water during the cooking in order to get the right consistency.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
How about lasagna for dinner...and dessert?! With our recipe for Very Cherry Lasagna, you can surprise your family with an unexpected dessert that's sweet, creamy, and full of cherry goodness. We'll be honest, this one is really amazing and super simple!