North Carolina Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Nothing's more all-American than a backyard cookout! And when it comes to slathering on a flavorful barbecue sauce, everybody has his or her favorite type. Check out this easy-to-make Carolina favorite. This barbecue sauce recipe is easy to throw together for your next summer cookout and pairs well with all your favorite meats. You can even make a batch ahead of time and freeze it to use when you need it.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil; boil for a few minutes, until the sauce thickens, stirring constantly. Serve warm.
- Discard any leftover sauce that has come in contact with raw meat or other foods.
- Any leftover sauce that hasn’t come in contact with raw foods should be allowed to cool before covering and storing in the refrigerator.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!