Red Chili Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- about 2 cups sauce
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Make a double batch of this Red Chili Sauce, 'cause this will last for weeks in your refrigerator if you cover it tightly (if it isn't gobbled up sooner, that is)!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10 ¾-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 medium-sized onion, cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients; blend until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce is slightly thickened.
This is a great sauce for enchiladas and if you keep some on hand, then you can use it instead of the enchilada sauce in Chicken Enchiladas, or as a taco or fajita topping.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We put a shortcut twist on the time-honored recipe for Amish Friendship Bread. Instead of passing around a starter, our Amish Friendship Bread recipe makes enough for two loaves, so you can just call your friends and invite them over to enjoy the finished product!