Texas Barbecue Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Real Texans always make their own barbecue sauce, and now you can make your very own Texas Barbecue Sauce easily! No cowboy hat or Texas accent required 'cause, with this one, all the accent is on the taste.
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, 30 to 40 minutes, or until sauce is thick and glossy.
- If you're looking for a barbecue sauce with a bit more "kick," try Bourbon Barbecue Sauce or Honey Bacon Barbecue Sauce.
- For more fantastic sauce recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!