We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You remember that favorite deli of yours that served Reubens piled high with corned beef and sauerkraut and smothered in cheese? Wouldn't it be nice to serve those at your next casual get-together? It's easy to do with this Baked Reuben recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 1 loaf (12 ounces) French bread, unsliced
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Russian or Thousand Island dressing (1 cup)
- 12 ounces sliced corned beef
- 1 can (14.4 ounces) sauerkraut, well drained
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise (horizontally) and slightly hollow out the center of each half by removing the soft center 1/2-inch deep on each side. Spread each hollowed-out half with 1/2 cup of the dressing.
- Place corned beef on bottom half of the loaf. Top with the sauerkraut and cheese. Place remaining half loaf on top of cheese. Wrap sandwich loosely in foil and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into 6 pieces and serve.
You can use rye bread instead of French bread if you'd rather, but it tends to be a bit harder to cut and eat.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you're craving something fresh-tasting and satisfying, fill your plate up with our Italian Spring Fling Pasta. This angel hair pasta dish features some great springtime flavors. One whiff of this is all it'll take to get your family to the dinner table.