Barbecue Chicken Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What would we do without the convenience of a market rotisserie chicken? Any busy person knows that this little secret weapon is the shortcut to lots of homemade meals, like our sink-your-teeth-into-it Barbecue Chicken Sandwich.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (3-4 pound) cooked rotisserie chicken, pulled and shredded
- 4 to 5 crusty rolls
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook 15 minutes or until caramelized, stirring frequently. Add barbecue sauce, jelly, water, and brown sugar; stir until jelly is melted.
- Stir in chicken and cook until heated through. Spoon over rolls and serve immediately.
Serve this up with nice, juicy slices of watermelon. For more information, click here.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This simple, custard-style pie is made with a splash of something you might have caught Granny sippin' when no one was lookin'! Granny's Moonshine Pie is sweet, creamy, and great for sharing. Don't forget to top each slice with a dollop of our homemade whipped cream!
- Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- Layered Italian Crescent Ring
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Open Faced Reuben Sandwiches