Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Another classic English favorite, these are usually served with watercress tea sandwiches. Take a tip from my old catering days and garnish the tray with radish rosebuds and bunches of parsley!
What You'll Need:
- 16 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard (optional)
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber, peeled and cut into 16 thin slices
What To Do:
- Using a 2-inch biscuit or cookie cutter, cut two bread rounds from the center of each slice of bread; discard the remaining scraps.
- In a medium bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat the heavy cream, Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and mustard (if desired) for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Spread evenly over eight bread rounds. Place a cucumber slice over the cheese mixture on each and top with the remaining bread rounds.
- Serve, or keep chilled until ready to serve.
These sandwiches can also be cut into squares by cutting the crusts off the bread, then cutting each slice into 4 squares - but you'll need more cucumber slices. The round shape is nice because it's the same size as the cucumbers.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Fire up the grill! This is one of our juiciest grilled pork chop recipes ever. What makes these Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops so good is the sweet 'n' tangy glaze that caramelizes as it cooks. You'll be smackin' your lips with each bite!