Grilled Chicken and Cheese Sandwiches
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've heartied this grilled cheese sandwich up with flavorful pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and a few other tasty textures and tastes. Grilled Chicken 'n' Cheese Sandwiches turn a simple sandwich into a filling meal.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 (3/4-ounce) Monterey Jack cheese slices
- 12 whole wheat bread slices
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
What to Do
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Place 1 cheese slice on each of 6 bread slices; spread evenly with chicken mixture, and top with remaining cheese and bread slices. Spread half of butter evenly on 1 side of each sandwich.
- Cook sandwiches buttered side down in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat about 3 minutes or until light golden. Spread remaining butter evenly on ungrilled sides; turn and cook 3 minutes or until light golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cookie recipe combines two of Mrs. Claus' holiday favorites: gingerbread and eggnog! Mrs. Claus' Holiday Cookie Cups look great on a Christmas cookie platter, but they taste even better. After all, what could be better than a gingerbread cup filled with a fluffy eggnog cream? (Rumor has it that Santa and the elves really love these!)