Italian Beef Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The famous Italian Beef Sandwich is a Chicago South Side classic, sure to become a favorite of yours. Sink your teeth into this hearty roast beef sandwich drenched in a special broth and topped with flavorful veggies, and enjoy every bite.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large green bell peppers, washed, seeded, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 4 hoagie rolls, split
- 1 (12-ounce) jar giardiniera (marinated vegetables), drained
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add the bell peppers, salt, and black pepper, and sauté 12 to 15 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat beef broth over medium heat until hot. Add the roast beef slices and simmer 1 to 2 minutes, stirring gently.
- Spoon some broth onto the hoagie rolls to moisten then evenly distribute meat over rolls. Top with sauteed bell peppers and giardiniera, spoon on additional broth, and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This comforting dinner was popular in homes and diners across the country during the '50s and '60s. Our Diner-Style Salisbury Steak is beefy, hearty, and smothered in a flavor-packed mushroom gravy. To serve it the classic way, don't forget the green peas on the side!