Italian Salad Boat
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's smooth sailing with this cross between a sandwich and a salad (even for those who say they don't eat sandwiches for dinner!). We take a hollowed out loaf of bread and fill it with all of your Italian favorites to create the best Italian sub combo you've ever tasted!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced peperoncini, drained
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 (1/2-inch) slices genoa salami, diced
- 5 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup prepared vinaigrette dressing
- 1 (1-pound) French bread, cut in half horizontally and hollowed out
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread; toss until evenly coated.
- Spoon salad mixture into bread and replace top. Evenly slice into 4 pieces and serve.
- We recommend that after you "drop anchor," you serve up slices of our delicious Cannoli Cheesecake!
- Plus, if you loved our Italian Salad Boat, be sure to check out our collection of 48 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 9 Classic Sauces.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 784
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 38g 58 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 67 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 71 %
- Cholesterol 82mg 27 %
- Sodium 2,747mg 114 %
- Total Carbohydrates 77g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 19 %
- Sugars 7.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.