Italian Salad Boat
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's smooth sailing with this cross between a sandwich and a salad (even for those who say they don't eat sandwiches for dinner!). We take a hollowed out loaf of bread and fill it with all of your Italian favorites to create the best Italian sub combo you've ever tasted!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced peperoncini, drained
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 (1/2-inch) slices genoa salami, diced
- 5 (1-ounce) slices provolone cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup prepared vinaigrette dressing
- 1 (1-pound) French bread, cut in half horizontally and hollowed out
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except bread; toss until evenly coated.
- Spoon salad mixture into bread and replace top. Evenly slice into 4 pieces and serve.
- We recommend that after you "drop anchor," you serve up slices of our delicious Cannoli Cheesecake!
- Plus, if you loved our Italian Salad Boat, be sure to check out our collection of 48 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 9 Classic Sauces.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 784
- Calories from Fat 339
- Total Fat 38g 58 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 67 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 35g 71 %
- Cholesterol 82mg 27 %
- Sodium 2,747mg 114 %
- Total Carbohydrates 77g 26 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.6g 19 %
- Sugars 7.6g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.