Mr. Food Monte Cristo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In honor of Mr. Food and his love of traditions, we combined his love of breaking bread with family and his favorite way to use Challah bread which was to make a grilled Monte Cristo sandwich. We know he'd be proud his legacy has carried on and if you listen closely enough, you can hear those four words we loved hearing him say so much... "OOH, IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
- 16 slices egg bread (challah)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
What to Do
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until well combined.
Equally divide the turkey, ham, and Swiss cheese on 8 slices of bread. Top with remaining slices of bread.
In a large skillet or on a griddle, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Dip two sandwiches, one at a time, in the egg mixture, coating completely. Place in skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until egg is golden and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches, adding more butter as needed. Serve sandwiches immediately.
If desired, serve with powdered sugar.
- Click here to watch a heartfelt tribute to Mr. Food!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 507
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 24g 36 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 29g 58 %
- Cholesterol 251mg 84 %
- Sodium 1,133mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 44g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.0g 8 %
- Sugars 4.8g 0 %
- Deli-Style Roast Beef Sandwiches
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Bacon 'n' Fried Chicken Wafflewich
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Spinach and Artichoke Calzones
- Caprese-Style Grilled Cheese
- Monte Cristo Sandwiches