Newton's Grilled Portabella Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We spent some time in the mushroom capital of the world, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, and stopped into a great restaurant called Newton's. They served up a delectable grilled portabella sandwich -- here's our take on it.
What You'll Need:
- 4 (3-inch) portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned with damp paper towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 focaccia rolls, split in half
- 4 tablespoons soft spreadable herb-seasoned cheese
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers, drained (from a 12-ounce jar)
What To Do:
- Brush portabellas with olive oil. Heat grill pan over medium heat and grill mushrooms until tender, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon herb-seasoned cheese on each focaccia roll. Place 1 grilled portabella mushroom, 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 of the roasted peppers inside of each roll. Serve immediately.
For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Don't be surprised if your next-door neighbors come knocking on the door after getting a whiff of your Slow Cooker Country Pot Roast. The smell of this tender beef roast cooking up in your slow cooker all day is enough to get everyone rushing to your dinner table!