Newton's Grilled Portabella Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We spent some time in the mushroom capital of the world, Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, and stopped into a great restaurant called Newton's. They served up a delectable grilled portabella sandwich -- here's our take on it.
What You'll Need:
- 4 (3-inch) portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned with damp paper towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 focaccia rolls, split in half
- 4 tablespoons soft spreadable herb-seasoned cheese
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers, drained (from a 12-ounce jar)
What To Do:
- Brush portabellas with olive oil. Heat grill pan over medium heat and grill mushrooms until tender, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon herb-seasoned cheese on each focaccia roll. Place 1 grilled portabella mushroom, 1 slice of mozzarella cheese, and 1/4 of the roasted peppers inside of each roll. Serve immediately.
For more tasty mushroom ideas, check out our collection of 28 Mouthwatering Mushroom Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These Beer-Brined Pork Chops are so moist, so tender, and so flavorful, you're going to want to pick up the bone and nibble on it, so you don't leave any of the goodness behind. Make these delicious pork chops on your outdoor grill in the summer or on a grill pan on a rainy day!