Soft Pretzel Reuben
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a way to celebrate National Pretzel Day, look no further! Jump on the pretzel bread bandwagon and give our Soft Pretzel Reuben a shot. Betcha never thought it would be this easy to make your own homemade soft pretzels, huh? Well, it is! For everyone who loves a good pretzel, this recipe is a must have.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 pound sliced deli corned beef
- 1 (8-ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
What to Do
- Coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 24-inch rope, form into a pretzel shape, and place on baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg white and water; brush over top of each pretzel. Sprinkle evenly with kosher salt. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and bake pretzels 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly then slice in half horizontally.
- Evenly spread mustard on both halves of pretzel buns. Layer bottom half of pretzels with corned beef, sauerkraut, and cheese, distributing evenly. Place on baking sheets and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, top with remaining pretzel halves, and serve.
Check This Out!
- There are so many good things you can do with bread dough! We suggest you try our yummy Pinata Bread for some grateful Olés!