The Ultimate Hero Burger
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Ultimate Hero Burger is going to be your new favorite ground beef recipe, and we know it will be a hit on Memorial Day Weekend--or any time you just want a top-notch burger on your plate! This take on this classic burger recipe is our juiciest and most flavorful yet. Friends and family will be crowding around the grill, clamoring for their burger patty!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 (6-ounce) frozen pre-formed burgers (see Notes)
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (see Notes)
- 4 Kaiser rolls, cut in half
- 4 pieces leaf lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced pickles
- 8 slices crispy cooked bacon
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat on your stovetop, heat oil until hot; saute onion 10 to 15 minutes or until caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook burgers on your grill 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness (145 degrees).
- Place a slice of cheese on top of each burger, close the top of the grill, and continue to cook until the cheese melts.
- Spread mayonnaise on each roll half, layer bottom of rolls each with lettuce, tomato, caramelized onion, burger, pickles, and bacon. Finish it off with the top of the bun. Serve immediately.
Before You Start Cooking!
- In an effort to support our veterans, check out the freezer section of your local market to see if they carry what is called the Hero Burger, where all of the profits support veterans.
- Don't want to fire up the grill? Weather not cooperating? Just heat a grill pan over medium heat and cook the burgers 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- To take this over the top, turn plain mayo into 5-Star Mayo by adding a teaspoon of steak sauce and a 1/2 teaspoon of the pickle juice.
- If you can't get enough burgers, be sure to check out our Big Burger and our Five Napkin Burger. They're as good as it gets.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
If you're looking for more recipes to take out doors, you'll love this free eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Black Angus Steak Sandwich
- Open Faced Avocado Sandwiches
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Spinach and Artichoke Calzones