Perfect Fried Shrimp
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Most every Southern coastal town has loads of fresh shrimp available, and with frying being a favorite regional preparation, our Perfect Fried Shrimp recipe proves that the two go hand in hand!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper; mix well. In another shallow dish, beat eggs and milk with a fork until well combined.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat oil until hot.
- Dip shrimp in flour mixture, then egg mixture, and again in flour mixture, coating completely.
- Cook shrimp about 1 minute per side, or until coating is golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
- Cocktail sauce, tartar sauce, or any of your favorite dipping sauces can be served with these shrimp. You might even want to try some barbecue sauces.
- Wanna serve this with your own Tartar Sauce? Here's our easy recipe!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This upside-down dessert is so good, you'll be doing flips after just one bite! This is a great dessert recipe for summer, since there's no baking involved and it calls for fresh strawberries. It's also light and creamy, which is just what we crave during the warmer months. We're telling you - you're going to love this Upside-Down Strawberry Cheesecake!