We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cup
- COOK TIME
- 8 Hr
You'll love this slow cooker version of a hearty beef stew! Beef Burgundy (also known as "beef bourguignon") is a traditional dish that warms you up from the inside-out. Not only does it smell amazing, but it tastes even more amazing! We especially love to make this dish during the cooler months of the year!
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3-pound) rump roast or beef round, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound frozen pearl onions
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Warm cooked egg noodles
What To Do:
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly browned on all sides. Transfer beef to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add garlic to drippings in skillet; sautè over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Slowly stir in wine, broth, and tomato paste; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add thyme and next 5 ingredients to sauce; pour mixture over beef in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours or HIGH setting 4 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf.
We suggest serving this delicious Beef Burgundy over warm, cooked egg noodles (as shown).
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 481
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 10.0g 50 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 50g 100 %
- Cholesterol 156mg 52 %
- Sodium 940mg 39 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.