Creamy Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For those days when there's a lot to do and little time to do it, recipes like this Creamy Chicken and Rice are great. Your slow cooker does all the work, while you go about doing whatever it is you need to do. Come dinnertime your house will smell darn good and you'll have something tasty to eat!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- 10 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Remove seasoning mix packet from rice package; sprinkle chicken with 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning mix.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat oil; add chicken and cook 7 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine rice, remaining seasoning mix, water, cream of chicken soup, wine, salt, and pepper; top with chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 3-1/2 hours, or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Serve chicken over rice.
- If you loved this Creamy Chicken and Rice recipe, check out our collection of 15 Simple Chicken Drumstick Recipes. Plus, you'll love our collection of Top 10 Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes.
- All-in-one rice dishes like this one are great for busy days. For a beefy variation, check out our recipe for Beefed-Up Spanish Rice.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!