We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We use lots of paprika in our Hungarian Goulash, so that you really get to experience the traditional flavors in our inspired and hearty stew. And when it's served over buttery noodles, you can bet on your whole family gobblin' up every last bite!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds top round beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (12-ounce) package egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
What To Do:
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine beef, onion, and garlic; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, paprika, salt, pepper, and thyme; mix well. Add to meat mixture, tossing to coat well. Add tomatoes with liquid, carrots, and bay leaf; mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4-1/2 to 5 hours hours or on LOW setting 8 to 9 hours, or until beef is fork-tender. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir in sour cream. Serve over noodles.
- Hope your gang saved room for dessert! We recommend our cool and creamy Lemon Pie for a refreshing end to your meal!
- Plus if you loved this recipe for Hungarian Goulash, check out our collection of 8 Easy Goulash Recipes. Or if you're looking for more slow cooker favorites, check out our collection of 18 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes You Must Try.
- Try our Special Spaetzle! It's a traditional side dish for goulash.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Cobb Macaroni Salad is a cross between a creamy macaroni salad and a fill-ya-up Cobb salad. Not only is this macaroni salad recipe easy to follow, but it's sure to be one of the top deli salads at your next summertime cookout, backyard bash, or family get-together. We especially love that this one is hearty enough to be a meal in itself!