Roasted Garlic Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fill your house with the rich aroma of roasted garlic and fresh rosemary with our slow cooker recipe for Roasted Garlic Chicken. This amazing chicken dish is from our "Cook it Slow, Cook it Fast" cookbook and is just one example of how making dinner in your slow cooker can be so rewarding.
What You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head garlic, separated into cloves
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons oil until hot. Brown half the chicken pieces on each side 3 to 5 minutes, turning once. Remove, add 2 more tablespoons oil, and brown remaining chicken. Place chicken in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining oil, the rosemary, salt, and pepper. Brush over chicken and add garlic cloves.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (see Note), or on LOW 7 to 9 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- If cooking on HIGH, add 1/2 cup water.
- Be sure to serve with pan drippings to enjoy every last bit of flavor.
- Learn more about our Cook it Slow, Cook it Fast cookbook and find out how you can order your own copy by clicking here!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.