Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
After a long day most of us don't want to spend extra time in the kitchen. That's where our recipe for Slow Cooked Chicken and Rice comes in. This easy, throw-together, all-in-one dish cooks while you're away, so you can have a complete and satisfying dinner ready when you need it to be.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed broccoli cheese soup
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 2 (6-ounce) packages wild and long-grain converted rice mix with seasoning packets
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- In a 4-quart (or larger) slow cooker, combine chicken, water, soup, and onion; mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.
- Add broccoli and rice; cover and cook for an additional hour.
- Stir in cheese and serve.
- Want more where this came from? Here are 14 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes You Must Try
- If you're a fan of this recipe then check out How to Cook with Your Slow Cooker, Plus 11 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes!
- Check out How to Make a Great Chicken Casserole, Plus Top 10 Chicken Casserole Recipes for casserole tips & inspiration!
If you enjoyed our recipe for Slow Cooked Chicken 'n' Rice, then be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Slow Cookin' Magic: 28 Scrumptious Slow Cooker Recipes from Mr. Food.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Who says you have to go outside to make an amazing BBQ dinner? Not us! With our recipe for Skillet Barbecued Chicken you can cook up a summer favorite...indoors! So, whether it's snowing, raining, or you just don't feel like firing up the grill, this barbecue chicken recipe is just perfect. Trust us, every bite is lip-smackin' good.